Pixlr Express: Easy Photo Editing
Pixlr is the most widely used free online photo editor on the web and mobile. It transforms any image with a fast, intuitive and robust toolset that is easy to use for the burgeoning photographer with no prior knowledge of photo editing, while also offering fully featured, per-pixel editing complete with layers, adjustment tools and filters for the more advanced user.
Pixlr Editor is an advanced online service designed for creating, editing, opening and saving images and photos in various formats. In addition to impressive photo editing features such as layers, shapes, airbrushes, scaling, gradients, color adjustments and filters, Pixlr Editor allows users to download and save files to a local computer in several different formats (including Pixlr Editor’s own multi-layer format, .PXD), or send directly to social networking sites and/or photo sharing sites, such as Facebook, Flickr, or Picasa. (http://pixlr.com/editor/)
Pixlr Express is a simple photo editing tool aimed at users seeking quick and easy fixes for their digital images. With this tool, users with little to no experience with desktop photo editors can still do very cool things to their photos. Pixlr Express boasts a clear, intuitive interface and allows anyone with an Internet connection to resize, adjust, and add effects to their photos. (http://pixlr.com/express/)
Pixlr-o-matic, awarded the 2011 ‘Best App Ever’ award for the Best Photo Editing App on Android by 148apps.com, is a web and mobile (iOS and Android) service that allows users to add fun retro effects to images, transforming photos into unique masterpieces. Editing on Pixlr-o-matic is simple, with more than 2 million possible finishes, including overlays and borders. With more options than any other photo app, users will never run out of new styles. This fun and simple darkroom app makes it easy to add an effect, overlay and border to get that retro, grunge, or clean look –in just three simple steps. (http://pixlr.com/o-matic/)
A browser tool to fetch images and screen grabs from any web page. (http://pixlr.com/grabber/)
imm.io is a one-click easy image sharer, perfect if you want to upload an image to show your friends or link from other sites. (http://imm.io/)
Platforms: Online service
Did you know?
- Pixlr was founded in 2008 in Sweden by web-developer Ola Sevandersson
- In July 2011, Pixlr found a new home when it was acquired by Autodesk
- More than 30 million total users edit and share their photos using Pixlr
- More than 400 million (and counting!) pictures have been edited using Pixlr
- 1.5 million images are edited per day
- 1.5 million Pixlr Grabber downloads to date
- People are spending 15 minutes editing their photos in Pixlr-o-matic
- People are clicking shuffle 30+ times in a month…they’re loving it
- 1 in 5 times someone uses Pixlr-o-matic, they just want to play and be creative. They’re using one of our sampleimages and personalizing it
- Pixlr products now have more than 100 different effects (just effect not overlays or borders)
- People spend twice the amount of time in the Pixlr-o-matic mobile app compared to the other apps in the samecategory (photo)
- Users of Pixlr-o-matic online spend an average of 29 minutes per visit
- Users of Pixlr Express online spend an average of 23 minutes per visit
- Users of Pixlr Editor online spend an average of 22 minutes per visit
- In the last 30 days people edited more than 50 million images in the web apps (not including mobile, or thePhotobucket integration)
- Of the users that use the shuffle feature on Pixlr-o-matic online, approximately 20% press it 34 times persession. That equates to 40 million times the last 30 days.
- The most popular effects are Aladin, Anne, Salomon, Josh, and Peter.
- Announced Pixlr integration with Photobucket to bring Pixlr editing tools to Photobucket’s 100 million users.